Okies, we’re on to the topic of curries again….I love curries and would eat them any day. They are so tasty and addictive – plus I love rice so curry and rice are great mates 🙂 Anyways, Japanese curries are not spicy at all and they are so simple to make – less fattening and healthier option as they don’t have any coconut milk hehehehe
So here it is…
Japanese Beef Curry
500g of diced beef
2-3 blocks of Japanese curry
1. For the beef – you can choose any cuts of beef steak, it’s best to choose some with the fats as it taste better with curry. So diced the beef if it already hasn’t been done. Anyways, add oil into the pan and stir fry the beef until it’s golden brown and add in blocks of japanese curry – you can get a packet of them in any Asian grocery stores – they come in blocks. Add in diced carrots and diced potatoes.
2. Slow cook the curries, add in some beef stock or water and initially bring the curry to boil and simmer it slow cook it for around 30-40 minutes until the beef is tender, carrots and potatoes are nicely cooked
3. Serve the curry with steamed rice and you’re laughing…
Japanese Beef Curry
Hello Everyone, I’m continuing on with my Taiwanese dishes… well, Taiwanese dumplings goes extremely well with beef noodle soup. Taiwanese beef noodle soup is one of my favourite dishes and it’s so easy to make…here’s the recipes… 🙂
Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup
500g beef briskets
1 x small piece of ginger
2 or 3 chinese 5 star spice
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
2 or 3 chillies
3 x table spoon of Soya sauce
1 x packet of noodles
some coriander or spring onions (optional)
1. For the beef briskets, you can also buy other beef cuts just make sure they have some sort of fats on them that’s what makes the soup taste good 🙂 anyways, dice them into cubes. Heat up the pan with oil, mince the garlic, sliced the ginger into large pieces and chopped the chillies and chuck these into the pan along with the five star spices (you can get this chinese five star spices from any Asian grocery stores – it has a strong aroma if you don’t like it you can miss this out it’s optional). So stir fry the garlic and chili along with the chinese five spice and ginger until you can smell the strong aroma and throw in the beef pieces and stir fry it until it’s brown and add in some soya sauce continue to stir fry for a few minutes and pour in some boiling water – you can add more soya sauce if you would like the soup to be darker, adjust according to your preferences.
2. Now turn down the fire to simmer the soup for about 1/2 hour – 45 minutes until the meat is tender
3. Boil the noodles and drain it and put them into a bowl and add the beef soup and there you have it traditional taiwanese beef noodle soup to garnish add some coriander or chopped spring onions – they go really well with beef
4. For dipping sauces simply add soya sauce and cut chillies or chilli paste and you’re laughing!!