Hello again, it’s time for some sweet dessert recipe. This particular is so simple and the presentation is fantastic that people would think you spend ages making them… So here it is…
Butterfly Muffins with Cream & Jam
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup melted shortening
1 little carton of whipping cream
some strawberry jam
1. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Combine the remaining ingredients and add this to the dry ingredients. Mix it together until it still has some lumpy bits. Don’t over mix it.
2. Grease the muffin trays with some oil and pour the muffin mixture into the trays and pop it in the oven on 180 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until it rises and are golden brown. This mixture will make 12 muffins
3. Whip the cream until it becomes fluffy and add some sugar to it so that its sweet, but not too much as you’ll be adding some jam to it.
4. Once the muffin is cooked, take it out of the oven allow it to sit in the tray for about 5 minutes to cool down and pop it on to the wire rack to cool down further.
5. Once the muffin is cooled down, now is the tricky part use a sharp knife and cut a circular hole in the centre of the muffin and then you will get a similar cone shaped pieces of muffin now cut this into 1/2
6. Fill up the hole in the muffin with some whipped cream, use a teaspoon of strawberry jam and pour it into the centre. You might wanna heat up the jam slightly for few seconds in the microwave to make it runny. And pop the cone shaped muffin pieces that you have cut into 1/2 on top and there you have it a butterfly Muffin with Cream & Jam