Hello everyone, okies as I’ve mentioned earlier my favourite Chef is Jamie Oliver so I’ve since learn a few of his simple dishes from video clips of Ministry of Food and they’re so simple I thought I’ll try them out at our family Christmas dinner and everyone loved it 🙂 so I’m going to share some of the dishes I’ve cooked. This particular dish is so simple even the kids loves it – Meatballs with spaghetti tomato sauce. Honestly I used to prefer creamy carbonara sauce but some tomato based sauce for pastas is pretty good as well.
Here it is…
Meatballs with Spaghetti
500g minced beef
1 packet of crackers
1 small bunch of rosemary
1 table spoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of mustard
2 tin cans of tomatoes
1 bunch of basil
1. Add in a big bowl, beef mince, oregano, mustard, egg, sliced rosemary
2. You need bread crumbs for binding the meat together – use 1/2 packet of cream crackers and put it inside a tea towel and bash it with a rolling pin so that the crackers become bread crumbs – it feels great bashing things when you’re under pressure hehehehe
3. Mix the bread crumbs into the big bowl and use your hands to mix and roll the beef mince mixture into little balls – you can add some water to make it a little smooth and shiny. Try to make the meat balls into similar sizes otherwise they will cook at different times.
4. Add olive oil in pan, drop the meat balls into the pan and fry it for around 8 minutes on a medium high heat or until golden brown and crisp. Set it aside
5. Boil water and add teaspoon of salt and throw in the spaghetti. The salt is used to season the pasta
6. Now we are making the sauce – add 2 cloves of minced garlic and slice the chilli stir fry it until there’s some colour and quickly add in chopped basil and 2 tins of tomatoes. Pop the meat balls into the pan
7. Drain the pasta and dump it into the pan, sprinkle it with basil and grated Parmesan cheese and if you follow the Italian style drizzle it with some olive oil.
This dish is so simple and tasty – you won’t go wrong with it 🙂