Okies, as I’ve mentioned earlier I’m more like a chicken person than a fish person but occasionally I would feel like some fish and wanted to learn fish dishes. This dish is very simple, easy to make especially for people who don’t like using knives for lots of chopping or slicing. Everything is grated so no knife skill is required. 🙂
So here it is…
300g of fish fillet
350g of salmon
100g of prawns
2 celery stalks
150g of cheddar cheese
1 x lemon
handful of spinach
1. Using a box grater, grate the following – celery, carrots, cheddar cheese and on the finer side of the grater grate in chilli (if you don’t like hot food you can leave this out or only use 1/2)
2. Put the grated items into a rectangular oven baking dish
3. Chop up salmon pieces and fish fillet – you can sometimes get decent fish fillets form seafood place they usually have some off-cuts – which doesn’t have nice shapes but for this particular dish it’s ok. Add in prawns.
4. Chop parsley finely, and squeeze in 1 lemon worth of juices, chop tomatoes into bite size, add in spinach and drizzle on top with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix the whole thing around.
5. For mash potato – boil water and pop in chopped potatoes, how do you know when the potato is cooked when you run a knife through it. Drain the potatoes and add a nob of butter, olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper and grate some nutmeg. You can buy balls of nutmeg from any spice stores – they give a powerful taste and smell. A great kick to your mash potato. Mash it all up and pile it on top of the fish Bake it for 40 minutes in a oven on 200 degrees.
The fish taste fantastic cos it tasted like they’ve been steamed under the mash potatoes and the crispy mash potato adds some texture to the pie. Definitely worth trying it 🙂