Okies, I’m getting hungry writing up these recipes – so this will be my last post for the day. 🙂 I love Chinese Five spice – it makes a really nice aroma when you marinate with chicken or beef. This time I’m going to do another chicken dish along with a yummy potato salad. 🙂
Here it is…
Five Spiced Chicken with Potato Salad
1 -2 chicken thighs
1 table spoon of Chinese five spice
1 teaspoon of soya sauce
2 -3 potatoes
2 tablespoon of mayo
2 -3 cloves of garlic
1. Marinate the chicken thighs with soya sauce and five spice – you can buy and chinese five spice from any of the Asian grocery store they come in packets. If you can marinate for 30 minutes it would be ideal otherwise overnight is ok too.
2. Heat oil in pan, and pop the marinated chicken thighs into the pan and heat up until it’s golden brown.
3. For potato salad, boil the potatoes and egg and drain and mix them together, chop up cucumbers and mix it with mayo, season with salt & pepper – if you have Japanese mayo or whole egg mayo they work best 🙂
4. Mince garlic add in oil and heat up in the pan and stir fry the chopped broccoli
5. Plate up everything and you can serve it with Bryani rice – you can buy pre-mix bryani from Asian Grocery store and just cook it with steam rice.
There you have it awesome delicious five spiced chicken with potato salad.