Ok, since we are on the topic of Thai food – pretty much how I would sum up with Thai Cuisine is that fish sauce, spicy, sweet and sour these are the main taste of Thai Cuisine. The next comfort food recipe I’m going to talk about is this Thai Style Noodle Salad extremely easy to make and it’s healthy and refreshing. You can keep this salad in the fridge for up to a few days and eat it anytime 🙂 just a warning it’s addictive and full of herbs…
Here it is…
Thai Style Noodle Salad
1 table spoon of Fish Sauce
1 table spoon of lemon juice
1 red onion
200g of prawns keep the tail
1/2 packet of rice noodle or vermicelli
2 Lebanese cucumbers
2 -3 sprigs of spring onions
2 -3 cloves of garlic
300g of pork mince
1/2 small packet of peanuts
handful of shrimps
1 bunch of coriander
1. boil the pork mince in a pot of hot water until it’s cooked, drain and add in minced garlic set it aside to cool down.
2. boil the prawns quickly in a pot of hot water for few seconds – don’t over cook it otherwise prawns become rubbery.
3. boil the 1/2 packet of rice noodles or vermicelli and drain the water out keep it aside
4. In a pan with some oil add in some minced garlic, sliced red onions, shrimps and peanuts and stir fry it until you can smell the aroma. Set it aside
5. Now it’s the fun part of putting everything together. Assemble all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. So add the red onion shrimp peanut mixture first, follow by pork mince (make sure you separate them into tiny pieces), rice noodles, add in chopped spring onions, chopped coriander, fish sauce and lemon juice. Mix the whole thing around and taste to make sure the saltiness and sour are balanced.
6. Plate up time, garnish it with sliced cucumbers and tomatoes with some lettuce and you can enjoy this refreshing healthy Thai style salad and keep the rest in the fridge for supper later on 🙂